- Looking for a technical lead and Node.JS developer
- For an app development agency doing things differently
- We’re a small and growing team
- Role is UK based, location doesn’t matter
- Must be highly motivated and hardworking
- Must be an experienced developer
- Must be excited by tech, apps and startups
- Wants a leadership role and is willing to learn (leadership experience not necessary)
- Is great at detailed planning and delegating tasks
- Is a problem solver
- Must be open and accepting of anyone
- No task is too small and willing to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done
- Russian or Ukrainian language is a plus (but not necessary)
Overview of the role:
We’re Na:gne [nog-nuh] Studio, and we’re looking for an awesome developer who still loves to write code and solve problems, but is keen to move to a leadership role and gain different experiences.
We’re taking our view of ‘app development for anyone’, and giving it to anyone! We’ve doubled our revenue year on year, do you want to help us grow it even further this year?
Your job will be to lead a team of developers, write quality code and support our project team to ensure that we are delivering the best solution for our customers and help us improve our processes and products.
This role will be based in the UK, but where you specifically base yourself is entirely up to you, we have developers based in multiple locations across Europe. Our HQ is in Edinburgh, which you might visit from time to time, but as a business, we are a remote team with members all across the globe.
Here’s a little story from our founders, Andreas and Andrew, to give you some background on who we are, and why we do what we do:
“2 years ago we set out to create our own app, and even with decades of design and development experience between us, we struggled to find a single agency that had time to hear about our idea - let alone one willing to help us start with a budget under £100,000!
The more we talked to our community, all trying to start their own apps too, we realised it wasn’t just a problem for us. The majority of agencies just wanted to take on the big projects, the big companies, and the apps with enormous budgets.
That seemed incredibly unfair. Like building an app or a website was somehow a luxury that only the elite could afford. So we decided to change that then and there.
Na:gne Studio was born to help anyone create an app or website. We changed the normal way things are done by creating Proof-Of-Concept design packages to help anyone go for funding, agile sprint-by-sprint payment plans to allow pay-as-you-go options for those on tight budgets, and focused on building partnerships with our community rather than chasing the biggest sales - and it has been an incredible success.”
What we are looking for:
We look to partner with our customers rather than just do one-off builds, and that comes with having an understanding of what they are trying to achieve and showing them that they can trust us to help them get there.
So what do you bring to the team? You’ll be taking responsibility for getting projects delivered, by making sure the developers have what they need and helping them solve problems that come up along the way. We use Node.JS for a lot of our projects so we want someone who can step in, write code, and lead by example. Quality is the keyword here.
Our team is made up of people with experience from startups and corporates, with a great variety of skills, so we will help you develop areas where you might need some more experience. We’re not Amazon or Google (yet), so we need to make the most of the resources we have and work smarter not harder, thinking outside the box and finding solutions is more important than experience.
- Develop awesome software and review code
- Support the project management team and add technical detail to tickets
- Support developers with troubleshooting and technical decisions
- Attend standups to help unblock issues for developers
- Support the technical planning sessions to ensure developers understand their tickets
- Run pre-sales workshops with a PM or UX designer
- Gather technical requirements for new project opportunities
- Design and own architecture for project opportunities
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple technologies (Mobile, Web, Cloud, etc.)
- Node.JS experience
- Solution/software architecture and design
- Requirements gathering
- Agile software development
Expected Start Date: 03/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
If you think this role sounds like something you’d not only be good at, but enjoy, then please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org today.